Tuesday 30 April 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Hello there.....I'm back after a brief lull.

Being a new entrant to the crafting world, a lot of my time goes in thinking......thinking of designs, layout of a card, what papers to use, what card stock to use, how to embellish etc.

When I saw the Lulupu Challenge - My Mum, My World and the Crafter's Corner - BINGO challenge (I've used Patterned Paper, Flowers, Stamping) for this month, i kept thinking of what new to try. There's so much for me to learn and so many new things that I can try my hand at, I really got confused. Anyway, I finally decided on making a flower pot card as my Mother's Day card. I've never made a flower pot card before, this is my first time!!

So the challenge with this flower pot card was that I don't have any flower embellishments in my stash!! So I had to make all the flowers by myself. I've really been inspired by some recent flower making tutorials that I happened to come across on some blogs as well as on You tube. Its amazing how some work with paper can give you such beautiful flowers!! I've tried to co-ordinate the colours of the flowers and those of the polka dots on the patterned paper. But of course, the space was so limited that I could make only 5 mini flowers.

The inner card, once you pull it out. There's a stamped blue butterfly next to the sentiment which is not very visible in this pic.

So here's a pic at another angle so you can see the butterfly.

A close up of the flowers. The pink carnations that you see here are thanks to the idea by Indira at the Lulupu blog. They are made using tissue paper. The orange flower on the top is inspired by the flower made by Isha in one of her posts over at the Lulupu blog. The other two flowers are also inspired by ideas of some talented women in the blog world!!



Another pic of the card.


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful flower-pot card Divya!..Your hand-made flowers look very pretty...For your first attempt at shaped cards it has come out very well!

    Thank you so much for playing along 'Crafter's Corner' # 7 and Best of Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats divya....... best wishes on ur win @ lulupu challenge.
    lovely card. love it. am gonna try a flower pot card soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice concept...Thank you for joining the Crafters Corner Challenge#7

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet flower pot card! All the hand made flowers are soooo pretty...
    Thanks for playing along Crafters corner challenge#7

    ReplyDelete
  5. gud workkk
    http://crafthaaven.blogspot.in/ visit my blog

    ReplyDelete